Registration is now open through August 21st. See below for details.
What: Our Co-Op meets on the first and third Friday mornings of each month in the Family Center at FFC starting at 8:45am and ending at 1:30pm. The vision behind the Co-Op is not to take the place of regular classes at home, but to supplement those classes with special subjects and fellowship with other kids. The classes and activities will vary each semester according to the needs of families and availability of teachers and volunteers. We also plan to have field trips and various celebrations throughout the year. We will have a nursery available for siblings under kindergarten age.
Criteria for participation: Because the Co-Op is designed to serve a specific population at Freedom Fellowship, the following criteria need to be met in order to participate:
1. Families must have already made the decision to home school their children and are actively involved in doing so.
2. Families must consider Freedom Fellowship Church their home church and be regular Sunday attendees.
3. At least 1 parent must attend all meetings with their children for the entire morning. Kid's will not be allowed to be dropped off.
Fees: Fees are kept at a minimum and are used each year for curriculum, supplies and child care expenses. Fees for Fall 2016/Spring 2017 are as follows: Students enrolled in classes are $40 per child capped at $80 per family. Nursery age children are an additional $20, taking the family maximum to $100/year.
Classes offered this semester:
- ART Class – Teacher: Patty Benitez
- Literary Analysis (8th Grade and up only) - Teacher: Patty Benitez
- Presentation (7th Grade and younger) – Teacher: Leora Young
- Recreation and Outdoors – Teacher: Kat Cooper
- Craftsmanship - Teacher: Tracy Owens
Registration: The Co-Op requires that you register for each school year during open registration. Registration is now closed. If you miss the registration deadline, there will be an opportunity in November to register for Spring 2017. Also, any home school parents are welcome to attend the parent's fellowship each month without registering for the co-op.
To register, please click here. Please note that a payment screen will appear after you submit the form. Your registration is not complete until the payment is processed.
Once registered, there is a mandatory orientation meeting/pizza party after church in the Box.