FFC Homeschool MINISTRY
We are a group of families that are committed to serving and supporting each other in the love of Christ while homeschooling our children. We are not a church-affiliated school, but a support group for Freedom Fellowship Church families who have chosen to home school. We aim to provide opportunities outside of our own homes where our children can learn and have fun with others, with our main goal being fellowship. There are two separate opportunities for you to get involved:
- FFC Homeschool Co-op - Our homeschool Co-op usually meets the first and third Friday mornings of each month from September through April on the church campus. See below for more information!
- Mom’s Nights - All homeschooling moms are invited to attend our Mom’s Nights which are held once per month from September through April. We meet off-campus usually in someone’s home to fellowship, share ideas, and encourage one another as we travel the homeschooling journey. Any homeschooling mom is welcome to attend these meetings; membership in the Co-op is not a requirement to join us for Mom’s Nights!
Our Co-Op meets most first and third Friday mornings of each month in the Family Center at Freedom Fellowship Church from 9:30am-1:00pm. The vision behind the Co-Op is not to take the place of regular classes at home, but to supplement those classes with special subjects and fellowship with other kids. The classes and activities will vary each semester according to the needs of families and the availability of teachers and volunteers. We also may have field trips, a children’s business fair, and various celebrations throughout the year. We have a nursery available for siblings under kindergarten age.
This year we are asking for a $30 participation fee per family for Co-op. We also require a $65 fee per family making use of the nursery during Co-op so that proper care and sanitation requirements are met to ensure your child's safety. These fees will be due on or before the first day of Co-op in order for your child to participate in co-op and/or nursery for this school year.
Criteria for participation: Because the Co-Op is designed to serve a specific population at Freedom Fellowship, the following criteria need to be met in order to participate:
- Families must have already made the decision to homeschool their children and are actively involved in doing so.
- Families must consider Freedom Fellowship Church their home church and be regular Sunday attendees.
- At least 1 parent must attend all meetings with their children for the entire morning. Kids will not be allowed to be dropped off.
Registration remains open throughout the school year. Please contact Karen Carrillo if you would like to register for the co-op or join us for Mom’s Nights. We hope to see you soon!